We take online security very seriously. Here we describe the measures we have taken to protect your information and also list some simple practices that you should follow to help ensure that security is not compromised and attempts at fraud are minimised.
What we do - Technology and People
Access to My Brown Shipley is controlled through three levels of security:
- Your username
- Your password
- Our Cryptocard security system
Your adviser (and team) does not have access to this information. If you have lost or forgotten any of the three levels of security you will need to contact us by e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 020 7606 9833.
You will then go through a series of security questions on successful completion of this exercise we will re-set your login details to enable you to log back in and reset your password. If you fail the security question process we will only be able to send your details by post and only to your address previously registered with us. We will never ask for your details by phone or email and will not be able to give you any lost details by phone, either.
My Brown Shipley is provided by a secure connection, you should always access My Brown Shipley via the login homepage.
What you can do
To ensure that your personal details and financial information remain safe, make sure you follow these simple procedures and practices.
- Keep your Username and Password private and never disclose them to anyone else.
- Change your password regularly – you can do this easily with My Brown Shipley.
- Keep your Cryptocard safe at all times.
- Do not give out any of these details on the phone or by email. Brown Shipley will never ask you for this information.
- Log out after each use of My Brown Shipley.
- Be careful when using computers in public places or with public computers or with public wireless network connections.
- Watch out for fraudulent e mails that look as though they come from Brown Shipley. They will ask you for personal information and/or redirect you to a site that asks for your security details. Do not respond to these.
- Ensure that you are logging on to our secure site by accessing it through the My Brown Shipley.
- Make sure your computer has up to date anti-virus software installed and maintained.
- Maintain a firewall on your computer. This will protect your computer from unauthorised access.
- Keep your computer software up to date.
- Be alert for scams. There are lots of them about and they will often involve someone masquerading as a Brown Shipley official and trying to deceive you into parting with some money. If you suspect fraud is being conducted using the Brown Shipley name then please send us details immediately to email@example.com